- Vastrakar's four-for gives Supernovas a winning start
Ecclestone, King also impress as Mandhana-led Trailblazers rue batting collapse
- Shastri: Washington Sundar 'is the future' for India
"This guy is your premier allrounder across all three formats of the game. Hear what I am saying. Three formats of the game."
- India squad takeaways - Pujara's return, new quicks on the block, and Hardik vs Karthik
What do the selectors' decisions suggest about the immediate future in the two formats?
- Cheteshwar Pujara back in India squad for Edgbaston Test
Jadeja, whose IPL season ended abruptly with a rib injury, is also part of the squad
- KL Rahul to lead; Hardik Pandya, Umran Malik, Arshdeep Singh in squad for SA T20Is
Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Jasprit Bumrah among the premier players rested for the series
- Shastri: Kohli needs a break 'not because of form'
Former India head coach agrees with Daniel Vettori that Kohli is coping with captaincy withdrawal
- Kohli open to taking a break to 'rejuvenate' himself mentally
Says he is in the "happiest phase" of his life and is "batting well" despite the numbers not showing as much
- Navjot Sidhu handed one-year prison sentence for 1988 road rage
The verdict was announced by the Supreme Court of India
- Ravi Shastri: 'Promise you, Umran Malik will be a handful in red-ball cricket'
Former India coach wants Jammu and Sunrisers fast man to get BCCI contract 'straightaway'
- Saha, Shami picked in Bengal Ranji squad for quarter-final
Shami's participation will depend on clearance from the BCCI
- Bumrah, Shami and who? Vettori and Chawla pick their India T20I pace attack
ESPNcricinfo's experts were divided between Harshal Patel and Arshdeep Singh for the third seamer's spot
- Ambati Rayudu tweets IPL-retirement announcement, withdraws quickly
Reverses decision after intervention from Chennai Super Kings management
- Rizwan: Pujara second only to Younis Khan when it comes to focus and concentration
Pakistan wicketkeeper picks up a few batting tips from India batter during pair's stint at Sussex
- Ishan Kishan: 'I lost my focus trying to finish games rather than giving good starts'
"Initially when I started the tournament, I wasn't over-thinking, I was just going and batting, like I used to do"
- du Plessis was thinking about retiring out to bring Karthik in against Sunrisers
"I was actually trying to get out because I was so tired," batter says after hitting 73 off 50 balls in searing Mumbai heat
- Shaw ruled out as Capitals seek valuable points in playoffs race
Super Kings are mathematically still in the mix to make the top four, but only just
- BCCI bans journalist Boria Majumdar for two years for 'intimidation' of Wriddhiman Saha
No press accreditation, interviews with registered players or access to cricket facilities owned by BCCI or its member associations
- Australia remain No.1 Test side, New Zealand and India top ODI and T20I rankings
England (88 points) have dropped to their lowest rating in Test cricket since 1995
- Dhoni says 'burden' of CSK captaincy 'affected' Jadeja's mind
"I oversaw his work for two games. After that, I insisted that he take his own decisions and bear responsibility for them"
- New-face Kartikeya stars as Mumbai win on ninth try
Suryakumar steers chase with a fifty after Buttler's 67 had taken Royals to 158
- MLC, Knight Riders team up for 10,000-seat stadium near Los Angeles
Venue could be ready to host men's T20 World Cup matches in 2024
- Bengaluru to host Ranji Trophy knockouts from June 4
The first-class competition will resume after the IPL in a bio-bubble, with the final scheduled for June 20-24
- 'Umran Malik will take the world by storm if selected for India'
ESPNcricinfo experts Vettori and Lynn feel the Sunrisers seamer should be fast-tracked into the squad for the T20 World Cup
- Parag, Kuldeep and Ashwin rescue the Royals
The batter's 56* off 31 dragged his team from 99 for 5 to 144. Then the bowlers combined to take 7 for 37 to stymie RCB in their small chase
- Shastri: 'In India there is always jealousy and people willing you to fail'
Former India coach says Rob Key will have to develop thick skin in his new role as ECB's managing director of cricket
- Rahul 103*, Krunal three-for send Mumbai hurtling to eighth defeat
The Lucknow Super Giants captain scored his third century against Mumbai, which is an IPL record
- IPL playoffs to be held in Kolkata and Ahmedabad with full-capacity crowds
Qualifier 1 and Eliminator at Eden Gardens on May 24 and 25; Narendra Modi Stadium to host Qualifier 2 and final on May 27 and 29
- South Africa to tour India for five T20Is soon after the IPL
The series, starting June 9, will be key in a T20 World Cup year
- No-ball fracas: Frustrated Pant says 'third umpire should have interfered'
Capitals assistant coach Shane Watson, however, says umpires' decision has to be accepted, right or wrong
- Delhi Capitals allrounder Mitchell Marsh tests positive for Covid-19
Call yet to be taken on the possibility of Wednesday's fixture against Punjab Kings in Pune
- Two more Covid-positive cases in Delhi Capitals camp
The franchise's physio Patrick Farhart had tested positive last week
- David Miller classic brings the house down on Chennai Super Kings
Rashid Khan cameo at the end helps Gujarat Titans seal victory despite their having been 16 for 3 and 87 for 5
- Narine and company face the best spin hitters in IPL 2022
Thanks to Samson and Buttler, the Royals have been dismantling slow bowlers this season
- Deepak Chahar ruled out of IPL 2022
The Chennai Super Kings quick hasn't recovered sufficiently from the back injury he picked up recently
- Varun Chakravarthy reveals he is working on a 'new legspin variation'
"If it starts clicking well, it will definitely add a new dimension to my game"
- Mumbai run out of power, crashing to fifth straight loss
Brevis and Tilak Varma put on a show, but Punjab Kings had enough on the board to weather it
- Punjab Cricket Association officials Pandove, Walia debarred from cricket administration for life
Ruling states that they had "in order to help the MCA misused their position and power in the PCA to provide undue favour to MCA"
- CSK get on the board after Dube-Uthappa show
Theekshana leads the bowling effort with four-for after batters turn on the style to put up huge total
- Back injury puts further question mark over Deepak Chahar's IPL return
Pace-bowling allrounder was already recovering from quadricep tear picked against West Indies in February
- Williamson, Pooran help Sunrisers hand Titans their first defeat
Natarajan leads the way with the ball, as Sunrisers rack up back-to-back victories
- Ramiz's quadrangular T20s idea turned down; Barclay to finish his term in November
Given that the ICC events schedule is now fixed for the next cycle, fitting another tournament was a non-starter
- Hetmyer, Boult, Chahal ensure Royals win in tactics showdown
Uncapped Indian seamer Kuldeep Sen went toe-to-toe with Marcus Stoinis and defended 14 in the final over
- Durham to 'speak privately' to head coach Franklin over Chahal physical-harassment allegations
Reaction follows legspinner's retelling of incident from 2011, when they were Mumbai Indians team-mates
- ICC meeting: Ramiz's quadrangular T20s idea gets support ahead of his presentation
It is believed that the ECB, CA, CWI and PCB were in favour; indications are that BCCI is not in direct opposition
- Rawat 66 seals deal as RCB keep Mumbai winless
Suryakumar's 68 in vain as Mumbai join fellow sufferers Chennai Super Kings at the bottom of the table
- Abhishek Sharma, Rahul Tripathi do the job as Sunrisers get on the board
Super Kings lose their fourth match in a row and already face a monumental task ahead to make the playoffs
- KKR and Shreyas Iyer hold the edge in reunion with Delhi Capitals
Rishabh Pant's men, meanwhile, could use some middle-order batting muscle
- India to play Derbyshire and Northamptonshire in T20 warm-ups on England tour
Both practice matches will be clashing with their rescheduled fifth Test against England from July 1
- 'He was very drunk, he took me and hung me out of the 15th-floor balcony'
Yuzvendra Chahal opens up, not for the first time, about bullying by colleagues from the time he was a youngster trying to make a mark
- ICC quarterly meeting: Bilateral calendar, quadrangular T20 event proposal in focus
The game's chief executives will meet on Friday to continue scheduling discussions which will eventually give face to the next FTP
- How Pat Cummins hit an IPL record 14-ball fifty
A blow-by-blow account of Pat Cummins' record-breaking fifty against Mumbai Indians in the IPL
- Suryakumar, Cummins add spice to a lopsided Mumbai-KKR rivalry
Mumbai are coming off two losses in two games and will be keen to get off the mark against in-form KKR
- Avesh, Hooda star as Super Giants sink Sunrisers
Reduced to 27 for 3 after being sent in, Super Giants recovered to set a target of 170, and Sunrisers stumbled at the end of the chase
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Sussex debut delayed by visa hold-up
Home Office backlog caused by displacement of Ukrainian citizens sees Pujara miss Notts fixture
- All-round Livingstone consigns CSK to third straight loss
Allrounder's 60 lifted Punjab Kings to 180, and Super Kings fell apart in the chase
- CSK look to fix bowling woes as defending champions seek first win
Jonny Bairstow is set to return to Punjab Kings' XI having completed his quarantine upon arrival from the Caribbean
- Titans, Capitals look to build on winning start
Both top orders misfired in their opening game. Can they bounce back?
- Pace-setters Royals eye big-ticket scalp
Jayawardene v Sangakkara and Malinga, Ashwin v Ashwin, Boult v Rohit are few of the subplots
- Mumbai call for flexibility with fit and ready Suryakumar Yadav
Franchise's prolific run-scorer set to return following a recovery from a wrist injury
- Harshal Patel and Dinesh Karthik help Royal Challengers survive a scare
Kolkata Knight Riders' bowlers fought really hard to defend 128, but it was not to be
- Rahul Mankad dies aged 66
Son of the legendary India allrounder Vinoo Mankad, Rahul played first-class cricket for Mumbai
- Healy on WIPL, WPSL: It's exactly where 'the women's game needed to go'
Says India is "such an untapped market" and "they're going to be unbeatable in a 10-year time" with launch of Women's IPL
- ICC Rankings: Laura Wolvaardt replaces Alyssa Healy as No.1 batter
Mithali Raj and Smriti Mandhana the only Indians in the top ten list of batters
- Who is Ayush Badoni? (and where has he been hiding?)
Who's this 22-year-old who comes in and slog-sweeps Rashid for a six and hooks Ferguson for another?
- Mignon du Preez stars in dramatic chase to knock India out, West Indies qualify for semi-finals
Half-centuries from Mandhana, Verma and Raj go in vain as South Africa chase down 275 off the last ball
- Fleming: Dhoni wanted to give Jadeja a clean captaincy slate
Super Kings coach admits "it is going to be a bit of a transition period"
- Dhoni's fireworks not enough for Chennai Super Kings in opener
KKR's mystery spinners Narine and Chakravarthy prove unhittable; Rahane shines with the bat
- Ricky Ponting: Rishabh Pant's journey as captain could be like Rohit Sharma's
Says that Pant's "learning experiences" from the last year and a half will make him a "better leader and person".
- New era RCB face Punjab's batting might at unfamiliar DY Patil
Agarwal's men boast a lot of power-hitting talent, but will be without Bairstow for their season opener
- Shafali Verma trying to improve 'physically, mentally and skills-wise'
"I have improved but want to keep getting better at it," she says about facing short balls from South Africa's pace attack
- BCCI plans to start women's IPL by 2023; Women's T20 Challenge returns this season
The board is planning to have five or six teams in the inaugural edition of women's IPL but it will need AGM's approval first
- Andrew Tye replaces injured Mark Wood at Lucknow Super Giants
Fast bowler has picked up 40 wickets in 27 IPL matches at an economy rate of 8.46
- Shastri on Kohli minus captaincy: 'It's about him wanting to enjoy himself out there'
While terming Kohli's giving up of captaincy a 'smart decision', Shastri wished he had held on to the job in Test cricket
- Ravi Shastri: India will be looking for an allrounder who can bat No. 6
Former India coach, who joins ESPNcricinfo as an analyst for the IPL, says Hardik will struggle to make the national team as a pure batter
- Injured Suryakumar may miss Mumbai Indians season opener
"We are trying to get him here as soon as possible once we have the clearance from NCA" - Rohit Sharma
- Yastika Bhatia, Sneh Rana keep India's World Cup semi-final hopes alive
Pooja Vastrakar, too, continues to impress as India record their third win after beating Bangladesh by 110 runs
- Shreyas Iyer: KL Rahul's on-field decision-making is very instinctive
Iyer says he enjoyed playing under Rahul's captaincy in South Africa
- Bengaluru pitch gets 'below average' rating from ICC match referee
Javagal Srinath says the surface didn't offer an even contest between bat and ball
- Asia Cup to be held in Sri Lanka in August-September 2022
All five Asian Test teams will feature in the T20I tournament with a sixth team joining them via a qualifier
- Peerless Lanning leads the way as Australia make it five in five, enter semi-finals
Three-wicket haul from Brown and solid contributions with the bat from Healy, Haynes and Mooney play their part in subduing spirited India
- Mandhana has 'no explanation' for batters' inconsistency, but expects 'perfect game' against Australia
Mott wants Australia to be aggressive, but will fall back on "Plan Bs and Cs that we've got" if India get on top
- Prithvi Shaw performs poorly at fitness test at NCA ahead of IPL
Opener fails to get prescribed minimum score on yo-yo test, PTI reports
- 'Just one big knock away' - Jhulan Goswami backs Mithali Raj, and India's batting, to come good
She admits not batting 50 overs against England cost the team, but says they are "bound to go through ups and downs" over a long tournament like the World Cup
- Test rankings: Bumrah No. 4 in bowlers' list, Karunaratne at career-best No. 5 among batters
Jason Holder returns to the top spot for allrounders following the Antigua Test against England
- England rediscover themselves with Dean's four-for and sharp fielding for first points
They were upbeat yet clinical in the field and with the ball, led by Dean, who got her ODI career-best 4 for 23 in just her second World Cup game
- In-form Harmanpreet promises to be 'there for my team' at the biggest stage
Loss in 2017 final not important, "right now it's all about momentum and that's on our side," she says of taking on England
- IPL 2022: New man on strike even if batters cross when a catch is taken
Number of unsuccessful reviews increased from one to two per innings in the upcoming season
- Hanuma Vihari, Abhimanyu Easwaran among seven Indians signed up by DPL teams
Pakistan veteran Mohammad Hafeez and Zimbabwe allrounder Sikandar Raza are also in the mix
- Rohit: 'Pant is somebody who can change the game in 40 minutes'
"His keeping was the best I've seen", says India's Test captain
- India brush aside Sri Lanka despite Dimuth Karunaratne's resistance
R Ashwin and Jasprit Bumrah shared seven between them to wrap up a dominant series sweep
- Dominant Jharkhand amass 880 as Nagaland stare at big defeat
Shahbaz Nadeem scored 177 before also striking with the ball, as Nagaland ended day three 750 runs behind
- Bumrah, Pant and Iyer leave Sri Lanka struggling to survive
Having set a target of 447, India made an early incision in the last half hour of day two
- Shreyas Iyer: On this pitch, a fifty feels like a century
"You can't just play very negatively on that wicket and just keep defending the ball," he says after hitting 92 off 98
- Sri Lanka in strife after Shreyas Iyer gives India 252 on turning track
The pitch offered square turn and uncertain bounce from ball one, but it was India's pacers who did all the damage at the top
- Fierce focus, 'lot of fun', and a shared trophy - Mandhana and Harmanpreet's day out
The centurions both lifted the Player-of-the-Match award after they kept each other company in the middle for over two hours
- Faf du Plessis unveiled as RCB's captain for IPL 2022
"I couldn't be happier to pass on the baton to a good friend, someone I've known over the years," says Virat Kohli
- With one eye on World Cups, Indian players begin work on enhancing fitness levels at the NCA
Atleast 25 players are in Bengaluru to establish their baseline fitness levels before the IPL gets underway
- West Indies collapse after Mandhana, Harmanpreet centuries as India seal NRR-boosting win
West Indies go down after a 100-run stand for the first wicket to lose their first game of the World Cup so far
- Jasprit Bumrah: 'We're still very new' to pink-ball cricket
"We are not used to catching the pink ball, bowling with the pink ball, and as batters, playing against the pink ball"
- Injury-hit Sri Lanka run into pink ball and red-hot India
This will be the last Test for Suranga Lakmal. Can Sri Lanka make it a memorable one for him?
- Chances in the Betfair market for the 2015 Indian Premier League